skip to main |
skip to sidebar
8 September 2015
Hello hello! This week has been wonderful. On Wednesday we met a girl and she's
awesome. She's 17 and asked us if she could be baptised. We're so excited - she's so sweet. Thursday we had 3 lessons, one with a recent convert and his wife: they just had a baby. They're so lovely! One with a family who have been less active and have an unbaptized son. We are so happy they have been coming out to Church again and their son is getting baptised next week. We also met with a man who has been less active for a long time. We just randomly texted him and said, hey can we see you? And he said yes. He'd never met with missionaries before and he said the text came just when he needed it. We invited him to church and he's been 3 weeks in a row now!!!! He has bought himself his own set of scriptures and is really great
Friday we did some tracting, it was good to be out working. On Saturday we did weekly planning and service for our senior couple as we painted their swing set. I definitely have more of a tan line now! Sunday we taught 2 lessons! We met a few people and referred them all to the YSA elders. We have been out tracting a lot and we have talked to some great people. So all in all, we've had a busy week. It's been good, we would like it busier but ah well :)
You can tell there is starting to be a change in the season, it's getting colder. It's crazy how 90 degrees can feel colder but it does! I'm wearing cardigans now!
I keep looking forward - and not too far because I can't without it getting blurry, literally. But just to keep my eyes focused on the grain I'm trying to pick at that moment in time. I have been reading in Alma these last few days. I read about Christlike attributes, qualifications for heaven and things like that. I felt so chastised, I was like...I have so much to workon. These have been the answers to my prayers: learning what can I do differently. I need to work on being a better person right now. Being more of a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love to read the scriptures, they remind me of who I need to be.
I love having the opportunity to serve as a missionary. I love meeting and teaching people. I'm also learning about who I am and trying to be a kinder, nicer person.